Monday, November 20, 2017

Vanilla Creamer Pancakes

We learned that Joshua does not like Meijer brand coffee creamer.  Well, I had a big container of it that I needed to use up.  And I was feeling a little but lazy, so instead of making my usual homemade pancake mix. I decided to throw a box of pancake mix in a bowl and mix it up with vanilla creamer in place of milk.
It turned out to look and smell like a cake mix. So, I decided to have fun with it. I threw some Christmas sprinkles in it and mixed it up. BOY was it pretty.
Since it looked so pretty and Christmassy, I pulled out my cookie cutters and thought I'd try putting them in a skillet and making Christmas shaped pancakes.
Again, They looked SO pretty.
But, I quickly ran into a little problem.  I started to smell something. When I went to flip them...... Anyone care to guess what I found?  If you guessed BLACK bottoms, you have guessed correctly.

Gone were my "pretty" Christmas pancakes. 
It was time to move to plan B.  Pull out the Mickey Mouse Cake pan. Of course I had no complaints from the littles.
FINALLY!!!!!!! Pancakes in cake form that turned out perfectly. 
Light and fluffy and delicious.


Vanilla Creamer Pancakes.

Ingredients

boxed pancake mix of your choice.
vanilla creamer

Mix up enough creamer to make a smooth batter.  Pour into a greased cake pan or cupcake tins.
Bake at 350 for 20-25 mins until tooth pick comes out clean.



No comments:

Post a Comment