Saturday, November 18, 2017

Homemade Potato Chips (Baked)

As promised, I'm gonna share with you a couple of recipes that I have tried today. And I'll share the good, bad and ugly. Take it or leave it.


I decided to try my hand at potato chips. Threw together my own recipe and gave it a whirl.  They turned out amazing.


Ingredients
2 potatoes
salt
garlic powder
chili powder
black pepper
onion powder
extra virgin olive oil


First fill a bowl with cold water and put 2 tsp of salt and roughly 1tsp of garlic powder in the cold water.


Wash and slice the potatoes into thin slices and place in water.  Allow to soak for 10-15 minutes.
After you have allowed them to soak. Remove them and pat dry the potatoes.

Coat the cake pan with Olive oil and layer potato chips in the pan.  sprinkle all of the seasoning on the potato's according to taste. You only want to use a little bit of chili powder. (You could use red pepper as well.)
Preheat oven to 450 degrees. Bake for 30 mins on one side. After 30 minutes are up, flip the chips. And bake for another 30 minutes.  (Keep an eye on them. You don't want them getting to crunchy.)
The finished product should be slightly crunchy. Or more like a French fry texture depending on how long you leave them in the oven.



I have absolutely NO complaints with these. In fact, the kiddos and hubby have completely finished them off already. 
Clearly they were a hit. And I know all of the ingredients and feel completely fine with feeding my family these potato chips.

This recipe gets a 10 from our house.



Bre Shafer




No comments:

Post a Comment