Saturday, January 4, 2020

Living Life Happy.

Happiness goes so much deeper then a smile on ones face.
Have you ever met someone who wasn't really smiling, but you could tell they were genuinely happy?
Or, have you ever met someone who was smiling, yet you could tell that the joy just wasn't there?

We all have battles. We all have our daily struggles. Some worse then others. But nonetheless real and strong.
The difference comes in how we handle our problems. Our we handing them over to God and renouncing the evil in our lives?
Are we praying over everything that we come into contact with? Or, are we just really hoping that tomorrow is better than today was?

Hope doesn't get us far without prayer and action. Being joyful is a choice. It doesn't come naturally.

Depression comes naturally.
Sadness comes naturally.
Passing blame comes naturally.

But "Joy"? That comes when we are purposeful about seeking God, finding the blessings in everything that happens. And sometimes hanging onto Jesus' garment by the hem, because that's all we can humanly muster at the moment.

I've been medicated for 8 years. Heavily medicated. Not just a pill here and there. But, 4-10 meds a day, depending on when my meds were changed and what they were changed to. I felt like an emotionless zombie most days. Other days I was so afraid of people that I couldn't even open my blinds. And a text message that said just the right thing threw me into a spinning web of terror.
I went from a Bipolar diagnoses, to mood disorder unknown. To "all we have left is PTSD".
I claimed each new diagnoses as it was given to me and a new med change soon followed. All leaving me in so much terror that I ruined every relationship in my wake.

Why do I mention all of that?
Because, I CLAIMED each diagnoses. I didn't want to be told that it may just be a matter of me seeking more for God. Or accepting His joy in my life.
The first time I read a book on spiritual oppression, I was skeptical. In fact, I was more angered that I was given that book in the first place.
I didn't go for counseling to get a book that talked about spiritual oppression. In fact, I was pretty sure that spiritual oppression was a hoax.
But the more I read. The more compelled I was to try. The first day in November when I went without meds I remember tentatively asking God to give me the victory and renouncing the Spirit of fear, depression and anxiety. I was so skeptical that it work. Yet, I made it a whole day without depression, fear or anxiety.
The first time I saw a car go by slow and almost stop is when the fear hit again. "Was it someone coming to take my babies?"  "Was it someone coming to carry out a threat?" As I watched that car, I decided not to run back and hide in my house, I CHOSE to stand there and almost Chant to myself "You have not given me the spirit of fear. You haven't given me the spirit of fear."Almost incessantly. I was amazed at how claiming victory and a sound mind took my mind off of that fear. And within a 10 mins, I was feeling "normal" I wasn't fearfully peeking through my blinds, hoping that the car didn't come back.
I wasn't rushing my children into the house so they could play there instead of outside.
Instead, I was calmly making dinner with music on and not at all worried.

You see, when I claim depression, fear or anxiety and claim it as my own, I invite and even strengthen the strong holds. Making you smile on the outside and hiding from terror on the inside. One of the worst ways to live is not being able to find Joy in what you are doing. Not being able to find the good in each day, because you have handed over your life to oppressed by a Spirit. And sometimes many different Spirits.

Joy is a choice. Claiming victory is a choice.  Claiming Gods promises is a choice.
Joy doesn't just come by wishing for it. I had to make a conscience choice to choose joy over depression. Peace over fear...….

I dare you to find what it is that is holding you back today and claim joy in your life.


Breanna
Shafer

No comments:

Post a Comment